Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spoiled Rotten Baby is FOR SALE!!



After a lot of soul searching and contemplation, I have decided to put Spoiled Rotten Baby up for sale. The idea crossed my mind last November as I realized that I have not been giving it the 'love' it deserved. The thought of someone else owning it was a lot to bear (as any of you who have their own company know), but I finally resigned to the fact that I cannot run both companies well, and I am not the type to do things half-hearted.

Last November, on a whim, I posted it for sale on Craigslist. I wasn't even sure I wanted to sell! Within an hour of posting, I had a very interested buyer. A few meetings and negotiating later, the company (almost) had a new owner! A few weeks later, the financing fell through and the deal couldn't go through. Darn it!

Now that my health is on the upswing, I have decided to go for it. For those of you who have ever been in my position, you know how scary it can be to sell something that you have dedicated endless hours, days, weeks, and months of your life to. It is a HUGE decision!

After all, in the short time I have had and have been actively working it, I managed to secure ownership of the trademarked name, be featured in many well-known publications, and even had Amazon.com seek ME out for a contract! Am I crazy for selling??

So, it is with a somewhat heavy heart, that I officially announce that Spoiled Rotten Baby is FOR SALE. If you know anyone who may be interested in this little gem of a company, please send them my way: shelly@mysrbb.com.

If you have ever posted a company for sale, I welcome your advice!

And remember . . . 'Every Baby Deserves to be Spoiled Rotten!'



Cheers,

Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment