Saturday, February 28, 2009

I want to be as cool as the Soap Queen when I grow up




The other day while reading one of my favorite blogs,'The Soap Queen' I fell in LOVE with an item she posted. Not trying to copy a blog post (although isn't that supposed to be the highest form of flattery?!), but merely trying to drool over a product I am now dying to have while also giving credit where credit is due.

So, what is this 'must have' product you say? It's the new HP Mini Vivienne Tam (the designer) digital clutch by HP. Technology has become too cool!

As soon as the CEO of Brambleberry, and the Soap Queen herself, Anne-Marie Faiola mentioned it on her blog, I just HAD to have it! Once, during a coffee date, Anne-Marie shared one of her secrets to success. (Side note: If you every have the opportunity to learn from a very, very successful business person - do it.) So, to get back to her secret -she said that she never buys things that aren't necessary to the growth of her business. If it isn't going to be used in a specific way to meet the needs of her always growing company, it wasn't worth the cost. A novel idea that most of avoid following like the plague.

Hmm . . . how could I 'spin' this purchase into a seemingly necessary one? No idea. Darn it! Whenever I say that I see Anne-Marie, in my imagination, shaking her head at me for being a silly girl. Thanks a lot for the pretend guilt trip, Ms. Faiola!

Seriously though, thanks for sharing such a cool product with us, Anne-Marie and darn it for you being a wise girl that knows how to to focus HARD on not wasting money unnecessarily. Boo.

Shelly

p.s. If anyone missed my all-important 30th birthday last August while I was ill, I would love to accept a lovely belated-birthday gift. 'A la laptop and cute accessory pack. Just an idea, in case you were looking for one. (Hint, Hint - anyone?)

*photos courtesy of The Coveted, The Soap Queen, and HP

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this around and I LOVE it too! I think you should go for it, you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete