Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Power of Intention


Many of you have heard about 'The Secret' (thanks, Oprah!). Although 'The Secret' has been highly publicized over the last couple of years, the concept have been around forever. The basic concept says that whatever energy you put out in the world will be returned to you. If you are constantly feeling and even saying negative things (I am fat, I never win anything, I don't ever have enough money), the universe 'hears' that and guess what? Pretty soon you are a poor loser with a big butt! If you focus on positive ideas, and believe that what you desire will come to you, then those things will come. Granted, you need to work towards those things, and consistently concentrate your thoughts and efforts on them, but it really can work. It is all about energy.

Anyway, after reading a few great books, Real You Incorporated, The Success Principals, and Creative Visualization, I decided to create a 'vision board' - for me, a poster that has a ton of images of things that I work for and desire cut out of magazines. I have everything on there from a picture of the Eiffel Tower (trip to France, anyone?), a photo of a woman jogging (due to health issues from childhood, I have never been able to jog. Moving and being healthy is something I never took for granted), and the words HAPPY MARRIAGE (self-explanatory?).

After the launch of Plein de Vie in October, I decided that one of my goals for the company was to have our products featured in Seattle Magazine. Seattle Magazine is a well-known, top-notch magazine and only the best products/stories/people are included. I wrote myself an e-mail as though it had really come to me from an editor and taped it to my vision board and my fridge. I read that letter almost every day and imagined how I would feel if the letter were true. Here is what I wrote myself:


Hi Shelly,

I just wanted you to know that I loved your On-the-Go Remedy Stick you sent me! We are getting ready to put together a piece in our February issue on organic beauty and would like to feature Plein de Vie. Please send samples of any other products you would like us to review before our October 15th deadline.

Congratulations!


Best,

Andrea


Andrea Delimont
Lifestyle Editor
SEATTLE Magazine



I eventually did end up being featured in Seattle Magazine. (Actually we are in the magazine now). Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. Only yesterday did I realize the parallel between the letter and the reality. Plein de Vie is in the (February) Best in Beauty issue under Homegrown Beauty. (You can see it here).

Can you believe that?? I immediately sat down and wrote a letter 'from' QVC. Would I have been in Seattle Magazine had I not put forth the effort to send in a sample to Ms. Delimont and follow-up a few times? Of course not. Do I believe that focusing my energy on success and using the power of intent helped me to get there? Darn right I do!

Have you experienced anything similar? What is on your vision board or what would you like on your vision board?

It's an incredible world . . .

See you on QVC,

Shelly

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your successes Shelly! Thanks for sharing your inspiration and I have no doubt that you will be on QVC very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hair Farmer! I only have to make 4,444 On-the-Go Remedy Sticks to meet QVC's minimum. I will let you know when the 'production party' begins ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll totally be on QVC before you know it! I love your positive attitude and your willingness to share the secrets to your success with all of your readers.

    ReplyDelete