Saturday, January 31, 2009

Oils, and Butters, and Herbs . . . Oh My!


Now that I have been knee deep in creating a variety of handmade skincare products for some time , I have gained a new understanding of the benefits and qualities associated with botanicals, butters, and essential oils. It has been an amazing journey into a subject I never knew about. The funny thing I have come to realize though, is that my mother, Carole (pictured with me above), talked about this very subject all of the time growing up. I can still hear her saying, “Shelly, maybe you should try taking (insert plant name here) capsules. I hear they work wonders for (insert ailment – real or imagined - here).”

Like any good pre-teen does, I rolled my eyes, completely ignored her and vowed to never be like her when I grew up. Well guess what? Here I am, thirty years old and catching myself giving similar advice to anyone who will listen whether they asked for it or not. Such is life, right?

So, in the spirit of sharing knowledge and honoring mothers everywhere, I am going to devote a portion of my blog to sharing what I have learned about butters, oils, herbs, and essential oils. I am also going to include information on ingredients to avoid, and pretty much anything else I decide relates to this subject. So, here’s to learning something new!

Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment