Monday, February 2, 2009

Beware of the TROLL!



I was just sitting here thinking about all of the places I would like to visit someday. In the U.S. I particularly would love to visit New York, Georgia, Maine, and Massachusetts. Worldwide, I would like to visit Italy, France, Greece, Turkey (my sister-in-law is Turkish. It would be so fun to go with her!) Africa, and Switzerland.

With all of these places to visit, I had better get planning! The truth is though, I love living where I live. Visiting other places is fun, but I am not sure I would want to live somewhere other than Washington.

Washington (Seattle) is well-known for rain and coffee. Sometimes it is known for coffee and rain. I am used to the rain, so it doesn't bother me as much as it does non-natives. Whenever I start to let it bug me, I look around and see how green it is. Everywhere you look there are big beautiful trees, flowering shrubs, and lush mountaintops. We have a ton of lakes. Within 45 minutes of where I live, I can go swimming, gambling (don't actually do that - but I could!), skiing, mega-discount mall shopping, luxury shopping, or dining in the finest restaurants around. Pretty great.

In addition to all of that, you can hang out with a troll holding an actual VW Bug in Fremont (pictured above - look it up on the internet), tour an underground city, ride a ferry, visit Jimmy Hendrix's guitar at the Experience Music Project(EMP) (also pictured above - my soon-to-be brother-in law, 'Buggy' at the EMP), and so much more.

I love Seattle.

What do you like about where you live?? What makes it unique and special? Maybe I will come and visit!

Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment