Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Business and Professional Women - join us!




Of the many hats I wear, the ones I enjoy the most are those where I can help others and when I can make a difference. Whether it is helping a fourth grader improve their reading skills, donating to a charity I believe in, or inspiring someone to believe in themselves, there is truly nothing more gratifying.

Recently, Christine Addison (pictured above), Bellevue chapter president of a wonderful organization called Business and Professional Women, honored me by asking me to serve on their board. Business and Professional Women (or BPW) is a nationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to achieve equity for all women in the workplace through advocacy, education, and information.

By providing its members education on policy issues along with the tools to balance work-life roles, BPW supports its members with policy development in their own workplace. As an organization, BPW is a successful leader in promoting and supporting legislation affecting working women.

With membership to this organization, you will be exposed to relevant, powerful women speakers at monthly luncheon meetings, provided open networking opportunities to promote your business, gain dynamic friendships and "organic" mentoring relationships.

BPW is women helping women grow personally, professionally, and politically.

Check them out at: www.bpwusa.org to learn more and to find a branch near you.

Go girl power!!

Shelly

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly!

    YOU go girl!
    Thanks for reading my book and I'm so glad you like it!

    my best,
    Kaira
    www.realyouincorporated.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaira,

    What an honor! Thank you so much for commenting. Your book truly transformed my business - in fact, our motto comes directly from the work I did while reading your book. Beauty (Find Beauty). Spirit (Nurture Your Spirit). Passion (Live with Passion).

    Thank you!!!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete